U.S Embassy Public Diplomacy PAS Small Grants Program with Up to $50,000 grants allocated.
The U.S. Mission Nigeria’s Public Affairs Sections are pleased to issue this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for their Public Diplomacy (PD) small grants program.
This annual program statement outlines PAS’ funding priorities and the procedures for submitting applications for funding.
Please carefully read through and follow all the instructions below.
Implementation of this program remains subject to the approval
and availability of U.S. government fiscal year 2020 (FY2020) funds.
PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions,
and other civil society entities that further the Embassy’s policy goals
and strengthen relations between the American and Nigerian peoples.
PAS will prioritize the U.S Embassy Small Grants Program proposals that:
- Nigeria’s democratic governance, unity and stability by improving government transparency and accountability, the rule of law, a free and professional media, as well as civil society capacity and engagement;
- Strengthen human capital to promote inclusive economic growth and development via entrepreneurship, STEM education, women’s empowerment, youth engagement, and cultural exchange;
- Protect against security threats and foster peace and stability through measures to counter violent extremism, reduce human trafficking and illegal immigration, mitigate rural violence, and encourage peaceful dialogue and non-violent conflict resolution;
- Improve and expand English language learning through curriculum development and teacher training, in partnership with U.S. education institutions where possible.
Activities that are not funded include, but are not limited to:
- Social welfare projects;
- Tuition assistance;
- Individual travel to conferences;
- Construction projects;
- Completion activities for projects begun with other funds;
- Projects that are inherently political in nature or that convey partisan support to an individual or single party electoral campaigns; and,
- Political party activities.
Award Information about U.S Embassy Small Grants Program
Funding Instrument Type: Grant or Cooperative Agreement.
The majority of successful proposals will be supported via a grant instrument.
In some instances, a Cooperative Agreement may be used in cases requiring a higher level of involvement from PAS staff in managing the award.
The PAS Abuja or PAS Lagos grants management team will provide further information regarding Cooperative Agreements as needed.
Floor of Individual and/or Organizational Award Amounts: $5,000
Ceiling of Individual and/or Organizational Award Amounts: $50,000
PAS encourages applications from individuals or organizations located in Nigeria, the United States, or abroad including:
- Not-for-profit and civil society/non-governmental organizations with at least two years of programming experience and with evidence of required registrations;
- Individuals with two years of not-for-profit, project management, or education experience; and,
- Registered educational institutions.
U.S Embassy Small Grants Program
For more Information: Visit the webpage for PAS Small Grants Program 2020 for Nigerian Organizations
Deadline: July 30, 2020.